TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #161
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Of course I am only speculating but if these kind of results continue I have to believe that eventually Piotr will ask Caroline to consider a new coach. I'm sure that he would rather see her win with someone else as opposed to retaining him as her coach and continue to struggle. I suspect that by the end of the year she will either be doing much better or big changes are going to happen.
Dad-daughter relationships are very difficult to understand, I had a friend of mine who was in Italian national team and she was coached by dad and said they were perfect because they were never talking of skiing at home, but since she got injured she prefered to quit the sport rather than go to another coach.

I can definitely Caro prefer to call it a carreer rather than going against dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I'm wondering if Caro and her team watch some video of her matches together. I think it could be useful to go over some points and evaluate what she should do in in that (aggressive vs defensive).

Johansson wasn't really in the picture anymore after the US Open last year.
they surely do that since every sportsmen does it, whichever the sport is, it would be a great flaw not to use video supports to improve.

Honestly I am very worried by the trend she's taken though, I've seen a video someone posted of her tournament win in Las Vegas a few years ago and she seemed to play harder strokes and missing much less, now she hits puffballs often in the middle of the court and makes a lot of terrible UEs. IMHO it's all in her head, one can't forget how to play...but in all that I still think the racket change didn't help either.

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!