TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Mirjana's 2013 Down Under swing

View Single Post

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 02:15 PM   #94
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future
Re: Mirjana's 2013 Down Under swing

At least Miki got more "match-playing" time in her Oz Open preparations than Petra Kvitova, who ate breadsticks against Cibulkova.

I think the tenor of the Cepelova match indicates that, at the very least, Mirjana is here to fight hard until the last point. Things did not go her way on serve at the very end of the Cepelova encounter, but she did not really implode dramatically -- she held two more times to at least make a tie-break possible, and recovered from 5-1 down to make it interesting. Cepelova is indeed the very kind of player she hates to tackle at any juncture, much less first match of the year -- short, scrappy girl, nondescript pusher, feisty retriever, consistent server. Yes, she should have held that one time at 4-2 and she would have won, but she has had MUCH worse losses.

I don't think she would have beaten Sveta, who seems to have scrapped her game together a bit.

Count on it -- if Mirjana gets a halfway sweet draw in Melbourne, we'll see her fight hard and win a round (or more) for the first time since ... forever.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote