TennisForum.com - View Single Post - AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

View Single Post

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 06:22 AM   #182
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

The tougher the draw for Maria, the better. She's had enough time off and she needs matchups that get her attention and focus quickly. If she wants to be a factor and continue to be ranked in the top 3, she needs to take on and beat all comers. I don't want her avoiding anyone. And I want to see if that off-season work has paid off. Give me Lisicki or Svetlana in the first round. Serena is her same dominant self and Vika, when she did play, looked really good as well. So let's see what Maria is made of.

As for Kvitova, she's totally lost right now. I don't see the mental toughness, desire, and commitment to be the best in a demanding sport. I'm sure her people have tried to motivate her time and time again about her conditioning, but I see no improvement. That gut of hers isn't getting any smaller. It's totally up to her and right now she doesn't seem to be interested in being a great tennis player. There's still time for her to get serious, as we saw with Lindsay Davenport, but early results suggest 2013 won't be much different than 2012.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote