TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud

View Single Post

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 07:11 AM   #108
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra lost to Dominika in Sydney

Wow that's a bad day on court. Even though I know Petra is very up and down so I know she might lose, despite the 4-0 head to head, I am a little surprised that the scoreline would be so bleak. Well, Domi is also pretty up and down, maybe Domi was red hot as well as Petra not playing well? I didn't see it so I have no idea of the level of play from both players but I presume it wasn't pretty from Petra at least.

A good run in Melbourne would probably erase such a loss from the minds of her followers. I wouldn't put it past her to come out of nowhere with a great result at some stage this year. Just have to sit back and wait till it happens. There's no way she's going to be a truly consistent performer any time soon, judging from this. Maybe never. But I still think she'll have hot streaks and deep runs in slams. Last year she was actually quite consistent in slams, SF, SF, QF, 4R. So maybe she'll still do well in the AO. If she bombs out then it might be time to really worry.

Last edited by HowardH : Jan 6th, 2013 at 07:21 AM.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote