TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Venezuela denies visa for 16.5 Israeli Valeria Patiuk to play junior G1 tournament

View Single Post

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 01:27 AM   #63
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Venezuela denies visa for 16.5 Israeli Valeria Patiuk to play junior G1 tournamen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
That conclusion can be drawn, but that is not what I meant,

The sanction will go against the tennis organization of the said country, not the national government.
I believe The ITF does not negotiate directly with the the government of the country, the contract negotiation happens between the tennis federation of the country and the ITF.

It is up to the tennis Federation of the country to negotiate and/or clear the term of the contracts regarding visa for tennis players.
If the the tennis federation comes back to the ITF and say they agree with the term of the contracts, then they should be responsible for any punishment or fine spelled out in the contract in case of non-compliance.

As I said, there would extraordinary circumstances that can be litigated as discretionary matters.
That's still saying that the Tennis Federation would have control over a government agency and that's not going to happen not here or anywhere else.