TennisForum.com - View Single Post - AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

View Single Post

Old Jan 5th, 2013, 03:32 PM   #152
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoPova View Post
I don't think Vika or Maria will beat Serena soon, no matter the surface. The greates thing about Serena is that she can up her game and intensity whenever she needs it. So she's hardly ever losing matches against top players. It's almost like a robot Maria played really well in that Istanbul final, but it's very difficult for women to win matches if they can't break their opponents' serve
I have zero belief it will happen except on red clay and I really mean it.
Maria's serve and even the second one on red clay are quite difficult to return, she is good during rallies takes the ball where she likes most of the time and the fact that Serena can't move on clay as well as she moves on HC will help. She will also have a look on Serena's serve since on clay it can't be as fast as it is on HC or grass.

But for the other surfaces I agree I don't expect anything anymore even when Serena's form seems dubious she ends up losing against scrubs and the opportunity is gone for Maria.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote