TennisForum.com - View Single Post - AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

View Single Post

Old Jan 5th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #150
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
As for the Istanbul match, I know a lot of people will jump on me and all, but it wasn't that close. Yes, Maria made Serena work, but Serena wasn't near her best, yet Maria didn't have a single break point in the match. Nowhere in the match did things indicate Maria may win, so Imo, it was a pretty comfortable win for Serena, even though it was refreshing to see Maria win more than her usual range of 1-4 games vs Serena
Serena had one of her best serving performances of the year. Her ground game was solid. The only thing she could've done better was returning Maria's serve, but you are bound to make a few mistakes if you bash the return as hard as she does, which is actually a good tactic against Maria, since it puts pressure on her serve and she starts DFing, jut like it happened at the Olympics.

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote