TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Rape and how societies react

View Single Post

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 11:26 PM   #209
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: India gang rape outrage... what happens now?

The Chief Minister name perfectly described what she is saying to women
From the article posted by Ashi
Quote:
The Chief Minister of Delhi, Sheila Dikshit, is also known for believing that women should not be so ‘adventurous’ so as to stay outside past midnight. In short, the government perpetuates the idea that the ‘outside’ is not a legitimate space for women to occupy.
I totally agree, in fact I have been making this argument in this thread.
The Chief Minister should take note of this.
Quote:
The solution for women is obviously to not retreat but occupy the ‘outside’ if the fear of the setting sun is ever to be conquered.
This involves as much demanding adequate lights, security in public spaces as challenging patriarchal values.
And this also demands class solidarity from those women who have seceded into a privatised world of new India.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Jan 5th, 2013 at 03:20 PM.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote