TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Why Do Players Say "I Have Nothing To Lose"?

View Single Post

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #31
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why Do Players Say "I Have Nothing To Lose"?

It's one of the stock phrases/cliches/idiosyncrasies players have used for decades*. Do you expect players to keep coming up with insightful and meaningful answers when the journalists are asking unoriginal and recycled questions 250 days a year. Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.

It's not that hard to understand at all - why make such a fuss over it?

*Although when Bud Collins was more active he used to regularly interview Chris Evert, Martina Navratilova, Billie Jean etc. after big matches and asked them very specific questions about the match and the performances which unsurprisingly got very specific, often quite technical and detailed answers. However, this was after the match. Again, there's a limit to what you can say about a match before it actually happens.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote