TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Mirjana's 2013 Down Under swing

View Single Post

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #91
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold
Re: Mirjana's 2013 Down Under swing

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdelaney View Post
Disappointing result but at least it was close and the way she starts each year is usually very rusty !. I cheered myself up by watching the match against Seles from Wimbledon 99. Barely an unforced error, competing in 18 stroke rallies and winning half of them with winners, looking good at the net, making drop shots, serving brilliantly, especially when needed. Her serve is awful now and wipes away any advantage she gets from her returns and keeps the opponent in the match, when they should already be back in the locker room. I'd like her to draw a top player at the Australian open rather than an outside court against someone of similar ranking who will probably beat her 6-4 6-2 after being 2-4 down.
Actually, you could have just watched the Bartoli match from Wimbledon last year. She did all those positive things you mentioned above in that match. She's just not as good on hard courts as she is on Grass. Her hard court matches seem to often have these yo=yo type scorelines. She's just not as consistent on hard as grass. That said, she still should have won this match.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote