TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Mona Barthel

Thread: Mona Barthel
View Single Post

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 08:59 AM   #4846
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future
Re: Mona Barthel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Pretty up and down, she can be great at times and abysmal at other times, it all depends on whether she is "in the groove" at that moment.

She alternates between unplayable and unwatchable. I sympathise with her wholeheartedly, it's really difficult when you can't figure out how to stay in control of that fantastic level of play. When she plays at her peak level she is balancing on a knife edge, whereas top players have learned to turn that knife edge into a little balance beam which they can stand on, still requiring concentration of course.
Keep it up HowardH ! Such a nice girl like Mona deserves our full support.

Given the complex nature of her game and the fact that she is on the WTA-Tour only since last year we have to accept that she needs more time than other players to mature. I believe we will see the full developped Mona not before 2015. Then there would still be enough time for her to rely on her peak level and to have the success that she clearly deserves. Until then we should enjoy the beauteousness of Mona's game and hope for some peak level matches of her.
Tecumseh is offline View My Blog!