TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova News and Articles

View Single Post

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 12:33 AM   #1918
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
My smokin' hot Costa Rican gf might wanna check my grammar,but part of the translation,indeed,sucks.Sanchez said that he DIDN'T see anyone who would make a big leap to enter the top 10 in this coming year.'Because' isn't really what he meant;it was more like "'BUT' I expected(or maybe "I had already expected") much more from her this past season."

....A better English translation would be that she was 'up and down' with her performances,instead of literally calling her a seesaw.It reads that she hits well from the right side but not from the left.Obviously,'she'--and not 'you'--has problems with high balls,and 'when you let her play her game'(or style of play),she has great potential'.The word 'locos' means "crazy",but one usually doesn't say 'crazy potential' so,in that context,it means 'great'...much,much better than most.
Thanks Bruce.

And I've heard him say before (it's repeated here) that Petra doesn't have a backhand or can hit the hight ball, which makes me wonder how much he really watches her.

I also felt that he wasn't leaning towards her having a great year, cause it took him forever to bring up her name, after he had mentioned practically everyone else. I guess like us, he doesn't know what to think.

I to, thought it was weird mentioning Petra in the top 10, when she was already in it.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm sure someone else will take a shot, give their opinion as well.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote