TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:06 AM   #64
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I don't think that criticism of slamless no.1 got to her too much. Sure, she was annoyed but then at the same time she realised this was a special achievement. I suspect that it could get to her team more than to her, actually. Last season Piotr kind of went along with what the experts and commentators said: hiring a new coach, developing a more offensive game, focus on slams etc.
It was Caro who in the end said to him that she wants things to be as before.

I agree with the above that the media talk from somebody like Cronin should not matter to athletes of this class. The media are always looking for a big story which will help them to draw people into a conversation. And bashing of a slamless no.1 fits the purpose.
A champion athlete cant let stuff like that bother you. There's pressure at every level, to move up, to do things you havent done. To keep winning and winning.
The pressure this year is on Serena, Vika, Maria. Those are the 3 who are expected to win a major.
Caroline hasnt played like a #1 for over a year. Even if that was a reason, its long over.
No one is bombarding her with questions about winning majors. She only won 2 matches the last 3 majors

Being criticised for being a slamless #1 is not an excuse to have your career unravel. Kim & Amelie both got to #1 1st. You keep playing well and the majors come. If you fall off like Jankovic, the majors dont come
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!