TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 06:15 AM   #63
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

I don't think that criticism of slamless no.1 got to her too much. Sure, she was annoyed but then at the same time she realised this was a special achievement. I suspect that it could get to her team more than to her, actually. Last season Piotr kind of went along with what the experts and commentators said: hiring a new coach, developing a more offensive game, focus on slams etc.
It was Caro who in the end said to him that she wants things to be as before.

I agree with the above that the media talk from somebody like Cronin should not matter to athletes of this class. The media are always looking for a big story which will help them to draw people into a conversation. And bashing of a slamless no.1 fits the purpose.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!