TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 12:26 AM   #61
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
The reasons for Caroline`s decline

1) Talk about #1 without Grand Slam finally got to her (FO 2011)

Caroline was strong for so long, but at FO 2011 the talk was too much even for her. She bombed out to Hantuchova. Caroline is a strong, positive person, but not a robot. With each press conference the talk about not deserving #1 put more and more pressure on her to win a Grand Slam.

I dont think Caroline is under pressure to win a major. No one expects her to win a major in 2013.
What she has to do is get back to being a YEC player and start making deep runs in majors and Tier I's again.

Rory has the pressure. There are golf writers who are picking him to win more majors than Nicklaus or Tiger. He's expected to win and win and win.
For Caroline, no one would be surprised if she didnt win any title this year. She just went 14 months without a title, until the end of last year when players were tired and she won in fields without YEC players

The way she started this season, a total collapse is possible in 2013. She has to get focused and play each point in a way thats better than what she just did vs Pervak
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!