TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 12:07 AM   #59
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinead94 View Post
I saw the highlight of the match and all I can say is that if Caro keep on playing like that, she won't be able play tennis in her late; physically she'll be dead. During this match most of the time she was behind the baseline, chasing the ball; the worst thing about the way she played is that most of her ball were short and in the middle of the court even though that Pervak isn't really a powerful player.

I don't know if it's because of Rory or because she needs a new coach but if she doesn't find a solution soon, her ranking may badly suffer.
Yeah, Caroline used to have a good backhand. She could go up the line or crosscourt. Her forehand was okay. She couldnt blast it, but she could place it deep to either side of the court.
Now its mental. Nobody can win just setting up their opponents with short balls, or making errors early in points.
She cant hit with a decent mix of pace & placement anymore.
I dont know if its Rory, although that will be how its written in history. Because he showed up in her life when her game fell apart.
But its up to Caro to play steady with decent pace. She used to do that. Suddenly the errors came out at the worst times. Now everything seems out of sorts.
Its going to take a big mental effort from Caro & her team. They need to watch tapes ( I would suggest YEC 2010 3rd set vs Fran and IW vs Marion)
But instead of running from the successful defensive player she used to be, she should try to get back to that form, study how she was winning 9 of 19 tournaments, and then improve her serve from there
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!