TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 10:42 PM   #57
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinead94 View Post
I saw the highlight of the match and all I can say is that if Caro keep on playing like that, she won't be able play tennis in her late; physically she'll be dead. During this match most of the time she was behind the baseline, chasing the ball; the worst thing about the way she played is that most of her ball were short and in the middle of the court even though that Pervak isn't really a powerful player.

I don't know if it's because of Rory or because she needs a new coach but if she doesn't find a solution soon, her ranking may badly suffer.
Definitely. Just to hold on to a top 10 ranking (let alone to go up again) she'll have to improve her level because she'll face (if she even makes it that far) the top players sooner in a tournament than for most of last year.

Good point about the toll it might take on her body in the long run to just be a retreiver of balls. She should play closer to the baseline. She's not a power hitter by any means, but she doesn't have to be. Playing closer to the baseline in itself takes time away from her opponents. From what we hear she actually does that in training, but for whatever reason she doesn't have the confidence to do it in an actual match.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!