TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 03:47 PM   #54
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

If I understand him correctly even Piotr doesn't want her to play so defensive. He's urging her to play closer to the baseline and don't hit through the middle so much. That comes pretty close to what Sanchez and TJ also wanted I think. But most of us also say that. Question is whether Piotr is a good enough coach to make Caroline confident enough to actually do it (?). And I've heard Sam Smith say several times in her commentary that the problems Caro is having with her forehand can be EASILY solved. Again, does Piotr have the technical know-how to do that? I don't know. But even though I can't answer those questions, I feel the same way as Protoss about his style of coaching, at least when she calls him on court. You don't encourage your player by telling her that she's a clown or that she basically sucks. That doesn't sound like much of a pep talk to me.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!