TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria Videos thread... vol.3

View Single Post

Old Jan 1st, 2013, 03:26 PM   #741
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria Videos thread... vol.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
gurl, these two are best friends. roger even picked rafa up in his private plane once
i'd probably state nole/roger or nole/rafa as a more 'menacing' rivalry tbh

but if your talking in terms of legendary rivalries then ofc roger/rafa is amazing
Yeah, I was speaking in terms of incredible back-and-forth tennis, where you didn't know how it would unfold and either could win. And you could include Novak/Fed and Novak/Nadal as well. All great rivalries with numerous classic matches.

I love the build up and anticipation of a big tennis match with two elite players. Must-see tv. And I've been hoping against hope for years and years that Maria/Serena would turn into that kind of rivalry. Instead, it's always, "Well, gee, I hope Maria doesn't get embarrassed this time."

I have to say that Maria/Vika is easily the best women's rivalry right now and it's exciting to see Maria make progress and actually beat her a couple of times last year. Very intense matchup every time. It's a nice consolation, but both players remain in the shadow of Serena and it always feels like Maria/Vika is only a battle for second in the big picture of the WTA. I ache for a Maria defeat of Serena someday....
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote