TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Brisbane 2013: The Re-Birth of PlexiPova GOAT.

View Single Post

Old Jan 1st, 2013, 09:48 AM   #397
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of
Re: Brisbane 2013: The Re-Birth of PlexiPova GOAT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
She said that she couldnt hit serves, someone asked if it was related to her previous shoulder injuries and she said it's all related, yeah. Thats not good at all.

I think she's recovered, and she just wasn't match ready, so she didn't want to play poorly.
*** ^
She said the latest injury also forced her to withdraw from a recent exhibition tournament in South Korea, but was "not at all" related to the right shoulder problem that has plagued her since 2008.

"I had a bit of inflammation in my collarbone, and I sent (scan results) to a doctor in New York and he told me I couldn't really do much overhead training for about a week," she said. "So to be fair, I haven't really given myself a chance to pretty much hit any serves or anything over my head ... So I just kind of ran out of time here."

Sharapova said she started practicing her serves again on Monday and it wasn't enough time to properly prepare for a tournament featuring eight of the top 10 women. The Australian Open starts Jan. 14 at Melbourne Park.

The four-time major winner told a news conference earlier in the Brisbane tournament that she felt relaxed and relieved to have finally broken a Grand Slam drought by winning the French Open last year. The win at Roland Garros completed a career Grand Slam and was her first major title since the 2008 Australian Open.

On Tuesday, she reiterated she was "feeling so much better."
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote