TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

View Single Post

Old Jan 1st, 2013, 06:40 AM   #1764
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

The match against Laura was indeed streamed and it was a good one to watch. Monica played a very smart game, she served pretty well and really adjusted her play perfectly for the surface and her opponent. It was a totally different Monica to what we saw at the end of the 2012 season indoors. This Monica was much less flashy and aggressive than the one who played so well indoors last Autumn but she was just as effective.

I'm feeling very positive about Monica's 2013, all the pieces really seem to finally be falling into place. Never seen Monica so focused and unflappable as has the last few tournaments, including here. And the way she is adjusting her gameplan depending on her opponents and the surface is really nice to see as well.

Monica hasn't played Chang, who will in all likelihood be her next opponent, before and on the surface that would seem a tougher match up for her than Laura but if Monica can play as solidly as she did today and if she can continue to serve consistently then I think she has a very decent shot at a semifinal. The nice thing is that right now, the way Monica is going about her business, I actually fancy her chances in a close match, which has often not been the chance.