TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Vamos Valentini Grammatikopoulou!! Cheering thread!

View Single Post

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 10:53 PM   #38
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vamos Valentini Grammatikopoulou!! Cheering thread!

And there are 2 more videos in addition to the brief ones posted by
Kutuzova

Here she is training in Kilkis. Not sure where she is training in the other video. I'm really curious about her origins. Her last name sounds like she is from Peloponnese and she used to live on Zakynthos so it all made sense since Zakynthos is near there. But now it seems that she lives in Kilkis so I have no idea how she ended up there. She also trains frequently at an academy in Florida where most people who train and work are from the former USSR, and her coach is speaking to her in Russian in the video, so she must have some Russian roots. I've also heard that she speaks both Greek and Russian, and Russian isn't widely spoken in Greece so it's not like she learned it from school or anything since they learn English and German/French usually. Also Valentini is not very common, she probably had a Russian name like Valentina and Valentini is the Greek version of it. And I have no idea how she ended up in Kilkis of all places, since it's a pretty small city and they aren't really known for their tennis and the club where she plays isn't that nice

And some pics from Heraklion:

Valentini-Stefanou-Vogasari-Lalaouni(?)-Christopoulou:

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote