TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Brisbane R1 - [Q] Xeniya Pervak def [8] Karolina Wozniacki 2-6 6-3 7-6

View Single Post

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 09:54 PM   #289
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Brisbane R1 - [Q] Xeniya Pervak def [8] Karolina Wozniacki 2-6 6-3 7-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
I didn't miss the point..but you were dissing Vika a bit too much imo. When you said she was lucky, etc, etc..when she beat the same sharapova that Petra couldn't beat at the Oz open.

Vika vs Petra? Would've been a good match..no certainty for either player. At RG and Wimbledon? That I give you..Petra would've been the favorite.

About Caro..her game as it is now, leaves her too much into the opponent's hands, so..you might be right on that one too.
Yes, you did miss the point. Those were two separate post. Come on man.

Once again. You're looking for too much.

Petra had already beaten Vika 4 in a row and was on a high from 2011. So you're telling me if she would have faced Vika (who she had just beat less than two months ago), she wouldn't have been favored or have a good chance winning??..Come on now.

Plus, if you really read what I said. And it's obvious you didn't. I did say 'one, several all or all of them (the majors I was discussing)". So once again, you're fixing for some type of fight (am I talking about Sharapova or something now), that's not there.

Wozniaki is self explanatory.

And since you keep pushing to go there. I'll say this once, and let it go: Vika, Serena and Masha all had great years last year. However, it doesn't mean that their success or match ups (albeit on slow surfaces in Petra's case with Masha as an example) will be duplicated. This is especially true, when you consider their recent success (or lack of it) the past several years.

Things are very fluid in this sport, especially with the women.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote