TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Brisbane R1 - [Q] Xeniya Pervak def [8] Karolina Wozniacki 2-6 6-3 7-6

View Single Post

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 08:30 PM   #284
country flag GSMPrzysiezny

GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of
Re: Brisbane R1 - [Q] Xeniya Pervak def [8] Karolina Wozniacki 2-6 6-3 7-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by paprotek View Post

Piotr's rant in English, part 1, I'll edit this post with part 2 in a couple of hours.

His Polish is far from perfect, very colloquial with occasional strange grammar and collocation, and lots of coherence issues as well, the occasional incoherence comes from him and not from my translation.

You are playing and you haven't got any plan, and you know what's worse, you are sort of playing and if you looked from outside yeah you are playing, balls are hit but in reality you are not playing at all, the fact is that she is playing, and you know how she is playing? She's leaning into balls, with her backhand she keeps you hitting crosscourt, obviously there's no sense in getting into a struggle with you and what are you doing? You play mid court, mid court, mid court, mid court, she's stepping in... Point won. She's just waiting when... She steps in every time you play a short ball. You're moving her around, you get a mid court call, you're getting into position and what not. What have I told you? You're not making yourself tall enough while serving. This is how you serve [starts gesturing a lot]. You should serve this way, with a snap of your wrist, forward... and a snap. [literally:] The shoe is going into the direction of a serving hand. And what are you doing? You are throwing everything and slicing and she [grabs a racquet]. She plays like this, and like this. She can't play here. And here. Do you understand? She can't. And you are playing everything here [that is into Pervak's comfort zone] [puts the racquet away]. Why are you playing (like that)? Because you are playing mid court, she's playing mid court, you are staying two meters [behind the base line?] - it's impossible to play a high ball. How can you play a high ball that much [shows margin] over the net, a deep ball with a lot of spin? It's impossible. Because you are standing too far away. You are standing too far away and you do not start playing with a margin, you are playing into her hands, she's just stepping in, changing - because your ball is too short. Don't you see it? Please, tell me, Karo, do you see it or do you not see it?

[gets up] Please tell me how you, as a player, can't play a backhand. Notice that she's playing where she wants. She's playing into your forehand all the time. And what are you doing? Nothing. So let her play like that. You see she's playing like that. But when your escaping further and further away and you're playing balls at ankle height how can you lift your ball higher? It's not possible. So you give her a flat mid court shot and she whenever she sees that she can step in she's stepping in and winning a point. This is how she's winning. Other reasons for her winning? You're serving like a clown into the same spot time and time again. And you serving is worse and worse. You're wielding your hand, racquet in this way instead of doing it that [gestures] way. Do you understand? You're not following the ball. You are not stepping into the court. You do not want to move her around. Down the line you are playing like this. This how you are playing down the line. This runt, of that height [gestures], can cover the distance from over there because you're not hitting [the ball?].
You're not getting into position that would allow you to make room for a shot and finish the shot off, and play the ball back in the way she played it, with spin, she's small, she must make an extra step, and what are you doing?, you're playing in a way that's perfect for her. Perfect. Do you understand? You will not be able to lift the ball. You won't be able to play the ball that much [shows it] over the net, because you're hitting balls here [at ankle level]. You're standing there [shows with his hand] and hitting the ball here. You don't see the balls at all. You're playing your first match. When you are practising - wa are standing inside the court together, you can't stand in the court like a clown, you must observe the balls, they tell you what shot to choose, whenever you hit a spin ball [he never uses the term topspin] and you keep her further away, don't do like this [gestures], just observe the balls, play the next shot, you won't make it on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th occasion - you'll make it on another one. And what are you doing? You are playing - you are standing, two meters behind the line - in Brisbane [probably the courts are on the outskirts of the city?]. She plays a mid court ball and you dig it out from so low, and she's in control and she repeats her shot. Do you understand? Did you understand what I told you? Think, Karolina. You're returning well, you're returning well. Think that it's you who's playing, you decide what's going on, don't fix your mind on hitting hard, think about attacking balls that are in a perfect moment and playing that much above the net and using rotation, you close with your elbow pushing the ball away from you, obviously when the ball is short you can't play a high ball because it will end in an error, you have to speed up the shot, play normally, [literally:] don't do such a thing again to me, just play and think about what I'm saying. Training you trained [sic], we trained, we pracised that all the time, you are not using it, you're just standing there in the back and you're just playing, playing, playing, she's reaching every single ball, and the moment comes you give her an easy ball, she steps in, finishes a rally and you barely reach her ball. Don't you see it? You have to think about it. You distribute a ball to get a ball, step in and play it faster. You can't come to the net when you are standing in Brisbane. You play the ball, approach the net, but you are too late at the net because you are so far away. If you were closer to the balls like that you would make a volley every time. But you can't make it because you hit your shot in Brisbane and start running. So see how far away you are. Do you get it. Remember. Serve: make yourself taller while serving and aim, this is what your doing now [gestures]. The ball tells you itself what's going on. Look where you are playing your forehand. Mid court mid court mid court mid court.

Karo: I get it [gets up]

Piotr: Think about it, karo, and, most importantly, stay positive.
GSMPrzysiezny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote