TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Brisbane R1 - [Q] Xeniya Pervak def [8] Karolina Wozniacki 2-6 6-3 7-6

View Single Post

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 07:33 PM   #274
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Brisbane R1 - [Q] Xeniya Pervak def [8] Karolina Wozniacki 2-6 6-3 7-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
It appears you totally missed the point of what UncleSilas was saying.

You're focusing on ranking. And for the record (since you brought it up), Petra was in the top 4-5 for most of the year, until after the US Open, when ailments got to her and she really took her slid.

More importantly, UncleSilas was focusing on ability to win a big match due to weapons and talent. And in that respect Caro and Petra are not even in the same ball park or discussion.
Apparently not since he agreed with me and i subsequently agreed with him (tentatively as consistency is also a weapon and peak Caro is much better there) on the weapons parts.

Quote:
The overwhelming majority of Petra's losses last year (whether healthy, sick, injured, etc.) were against top top 10, 20, 40 players.

The two worst losses she had (if you go by Pervak's ranking), were against Hredecka and Venus Williams. Lucie H. was ranked 105 and and Venus 134.
Now who's focused on rankings, you brought up all those numbers first. Of course Petra was ranked 4-5 most of the year, YEC points hadn't gone off yet. Caro couldn't fall that much further. It doesn't even matter, they're 8th and 10th now and that reflects how they've played this year. Now you say it's injuries, the team and whatever. I'd say it's Petra herself, not fit (injuries) and clearly not mentally focused (could build a new team if she really thought that's necessary, i don't think so btw).

Quote:
Yeah, that poster you responded to is an Azarenka fan, who for what ever reason loves to take cheap shots at Petra. You know the type, that can never resist in a thread? Don't know why? Must have some sort of complex? So you gotta keep that in perspective.
Undoubtedly you're referring to me here. I don't know what cheap shots you're talking about, i post how i see it and usually i'm willing to back my posts up with arguments with which you can agree or not. At least i'm not calling you or other posters names, as you did in that other thread, if i don't agree with them.

Last edited by StoneRose : Dec 31st, 2012 at 07:38 PM.
StoneRose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote