TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Brisbane R1 - [Q] Xeniya Pervak def [8] Karolina Wozniacki 2-6 6-3 7-6

View Single Post

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 06:57 PM   #270
country flag Letigre

Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Brisbane R1 - [Q] Xeniya Pervak def [8] Karolina Wozniacki 2-6 6-3 7-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Agreed. I'm not sure you can compare the two matches.

Montreal, was Petra's first match, changing over from the grass season (including the Olympics). Thus several of the top 10 players who traveled to Canada had sloppy first and second rd matches due to the change of surface, environment and fatigue.

Pervak, like what happened with some of the other players, caught Petra when she was acclimating her body to the fatigue, NA conditions and court surface, and still lost.

Wozniaki's game on the other hand, is less susceptible to break in on a hard court, unless her fitness is suspect, due to the defensive nature of it. Plus, I'm sure Wozniaki's been practicing on hard courts (if she's been practicing at all and not with Rory visiting Australian sights).

Despite the errors (60 UE): Pervak did play a good match. There were many times she had the lead and lost the lead, but she always stayed aggressive, dug down and managed to come back back. She just wore Caro down. It wasn't all Woz's fault.

Pervak's coach was good as well. We'll leave Caro's coach, 'well enough alone'.
Petra was horrid in that particular match, being true all you say about the fatigue, being first round... but as you well know Petra still can be offensive and make winners and win most of those difficult matches, as she did in 2012, but Caro can´t, she is always going to depend on the other player choking.
Letigre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote