TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Brisbane R1 - [Q] Xeniya Pervak def [8] Karolina Wozniacki 2-6 6-3 7-6

View Single Post

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 06:20 PM   #263
country flag CloudAtlas
Lamenting the days of peak SEWTA

CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Brisbane R1 - [Q] Xeniya Pervak def [8] Karolina Wozniacki 2-6 6-3 7-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Yes excellent points. Her Sydney losses:

In 2009 she lost to Serena in the third round.
In 2010 she lost to Na Li in the first round.
In 2011 she lost to Cibulkova in the first round.
In 2012 she lost to Radwanska in the second round.

It is basically the same level of opposition as #103 ranked Pervak.

Her first loss in 2009 was actually to Vesnina

I agree though, this is far worse than anything she's done at the start of any prior seasons. Having said that, she has always had tough 3 set matches against Pervak and struggles in general against aggressive counterpunchers. She plays quite similar to McHale in that sense, another player who is a thorn in Woz's side. So it's not a distinct impossibility that a rusty Wozniacki would lose a 3rd set TB to a player like Pervak in her opening match.

Now I've said that, watch her lose to someone like Panova in straight sets in Sydney and bomb out in the 1st round of her next 10 events, JJ style.