TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Brisbane R1 - [Q] Xeniya Pervak def [8] Karolina Wozniacki 2-6 6-3 7-6

View Single Post

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 05:31 PM   #246
country flag aguy9797

aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of
Re: Brisbane R1 - [Q] Xeniya Pervak def [8] Karolina Wozniacki 2-6 6-3 7-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Well I always had this theory that he doesn´t really help her as much as he intimidates/break the rhythm of/confuses the opponents. They expect some changes to come, overcompensate and ultimately make errors. Part of that startegy was the aura of invincibility of Wallniacki herself. That is gone and so is the positive effect of his coaching.

Piotr would not have to be such a complete dick during those coaching visits, if it was only about disturbing opponents. He could recite poetry in Polish instead of intimidating Caro. I think these basic reminders, like hit more backhands, work well when players become to emotionally engaged during their matches. Unfortunately, Caro has completely lost her confidence, you do not reinforce somebody's confidence by yelling at them....duuuhhh!

Good coaches are able to identify a player's critical weaknesses and work on improvements during the offseason. Caro has physical advantage over almost all players. She is a strong and tall woman. I always hope I am going to see her "new, fixed serve" in January when a new season begins. With her height, her serve should win her many points, and it is still a travesty, most of the time.
Caro W
Petko

Queen Viktoria
aguy9797 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote