TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Brisbane R1 - [Q] Xeniya Pervak def [8] Karolina Wozniacki 2-6 6-3 7-6

View Single Post

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 03:41 PM   #240
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Brisbane R1 - [Q] Xeniya Pervak def [8] Karolina Wozniacki 2-6 6-3 7-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_DFP View Post

Bottom line is that her game isn't good enough right now. Low ranked players like Pervak feel like they can swing away and have a chance.
Pretty much. I bet if you compare matches of Wozniacki in 2009/2010 and 2011/2012, the rallies will be much shorter on average in 2009/2010. That was when players didnŽt think they could outlast Wozniacki in a rally and that she would never make an error. They thought that quick points, flat high risk hitting with little margin for error were the key to beating Wozniacki. Nowadays players rally with Wozniacki. They work the points, and wait for the 4th or 5th high percentage chance to finish a rally, instead of going for the big shot immediately. Unless Wozniacki learns to end rallies on her own, sheŽll struggle to maintain her ranking. But to her credit I think she is trying to do that. She hit some nice winners in the 2nd and 3rd set, but just not nearly enough for the court positions she holds during the points.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote