TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Brisbane R1 - [Q] Xeniya Pervak def [8] Karolina Wozniacki 2-6 6-3 7-6

View Single Post

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 03:29 PM   #238
country flag Leo_DFP

Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Brisbane R1 - [Q] Xeniya Pervak def [8] Karolina Wozniacki 2-6 6-3 7-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Wel I kind of expect her to be better in 2013. What kills me is people suggesting she didnīt work hard in the off-season or that Rory is the main problem. Look at her body. You donīt get that body from eating pizza all day and watching golf during the off-season.

She was mostly on the defensive end of a near three hour battle and barely broke a sweat. If you want to see what losses due to poor physical condition look like, you can watch Lisicki, Kvitova and Pavlyuchenkova in 2012. Lisicki always being injured. Kvitova playing hero tennis, because she canīt run for more than three balls. Pavlyuchenkova starting out fast, then getting tired and losing badly in the end.

They showed a footwork study of Wozniacki during the match and it was pretty fucking awesome. You could easily see why she puts so many balls back into play. This was not a loss due to lack of fitness, focus or dedication. It was a loss of skill. Pervak showed more and won.
Woz has always been fit and I think her style of play doesn't expend much energy for her, but to be honest in the match last night I thought she looked very fatigued and winded. Her face was flush and she looked winded/panicked.

Bottom line is that her game isn't good enough right now. Low ranked players like Pervak feel like they can swing away and have a chance.

Follow my tennis musings: http://davesdropshots.tumblr.com/
Leo_DFP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote