TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Brisbane R1 - [Q] Xeniya Pervak def [8] Karolina Wozniacki 2-6 6-3 7-6

View Single Post

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 02:45 PM   #228
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Brisbane R1 - [Q] Xeniya Pervak def [8] Karolina Wozniacki 2-6 6-3 7-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I really don't know when people are going to stop expecting Woz to make a "comeback". For all the hype about her GOATly Moscow run, in reality scrapping out 3-set shitfests over Scrubulkova and Arvidsson was no improvement on her general level of results over the past 18 months.
Wel I kind of expect her to be better in 2013. What kills me is people suggesting she didnīt work hard in the off-season or that Rory is the main problem. Look at her body. You donīt get that body from eating pizza all day and watching golf during the off-season.

She was mostly on the defensive end of a near three hour battle and barely broke a sweat. If you want to see what losses due to poor physical condition look like, you can watch Lisicki, Kvitova and Pavlyuchenkova in 2012. Lisicki always being injured. Kvitova playing hero tennis, because she canīt run for more than three balls. Pavlyuchenkova starting out fast, then getting tired and losing badly in the end.

They showed a footwork study of Wozniacki during the match and it was pretty fucking awesome. You could easily see why she puts so many balls back into play. This was not a loss due to lack of fitness, focus or dedication. It was a loss of skill. Pervak showed more and won.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote