TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 08:34 AM   #26
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I wonder if Caro's good results after the US Open maybe gave her a false or misleading overly positive impression of the state of her game. I've seen that happen with some teams who do poorly the majority of the season but then have a good finish to the season.

Given Caro's level of play/results for the majority of the year, I would have thought that she'd have a lot longer and more intense training period after the season. But her training period didn't seem that long or intense to me.

I think Caro may have thought that her game didn't need that much work afterall.
If what you hypothesise is true then maybe this kind of a loss is a good thing? She may believe that her game is sound and that things are fine but a few more losses like this may wake her up and make her realise that her good results last fall haven't turned her game around. It would probably be better for her to realise that now rather than for her to continue having decent results at the smaller events and mediocre results at the bigger events. Maybe a bad start will make her work much harder and by the middle of the year she may start getting back to where she was at her best?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!