TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova News and Articles

View Single Post

Old Dec 30th, 2012, 02:34 AM   #1903
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroIYH View Post
The problem was in 2012 she never really bounced away, she didn't excel like she was expected to but 2 Grand Slam SFs a QF at Wimbledon & Olympics, No. 8 in the world, won 2 American Hardcourt tournaments which she struggles at, and what you described as what she could of said is the same thing she usually says which you're now chastising her for.
I've heard a lot of players (and I'm sure you have as well), when asked about a great year or when they're defending a tournament, they will practically cut off the broadcaster before they finish the question and immediately re-focus on the current.

Serena, Vika, Masha, and even many lesser players are very good at that. Some are more polite at it than others of course.

I'm not saying Petra should be exactly like them. I just feel (and I heard other TF'ers say this on GM regarding one of her interviews), that she appears to lack confidence for the upcoming season. Well, many of us picked up the same thing, during 2012 as well (post Aussie Open).

You don't understand, believe that?

Petra can say and do what she wants. I'm just telling you how it may come off.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote