TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova News and Articles

View Single Post

Old Dec 30th, 2012, 12:58 AM   #1900
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroIYH View Post
I'm wondering what you expect Petra to say?
Like I said: If it was a statement or press release, I understand. Don't change it. But if it was during an interview or Presser, she can say more, with out being too revealing.

I understand why they do it: But when you hear the same player over and over again, try to sound excited, but ultimately like a rote, scripted clone, you get the picture.

Most players either say virtually nothing or are quite thoughtful. Petra tries to sound excited and thoughtful but says nothing.

As far as what she could say? That could be plenty. Here's one: in 2011 I was in great fitness, had some great practices, and didn't know what to expect, but looked forward to the year, and I excelled. This year, you could almost say I'm trying to have a bounce back year here, with some very tough competition. If I'm going to win here at Brisbane, I'm going to have play at a high level in all facets.

Another thing she can say very politely/happily is: 2011 was a great year for me indeed, but I look forward to an even better 2013, if things go my way. I love 2011; But Look forward to a better 2013.

The fixation on 2011, almost sounds like she doesn't expect to have a better year than that again (or at least she doesn't plan to).

It's all psychological. Don't sound like you're using 2011 as a crutch.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote