TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Dec 29th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #6
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I think Caroline has to get her singles game sorted out. Doubles is played differently. She dropped off in singles form and needs to do better at holding serve and playing big points. This goes back to her last match vs Petrova, where Caroline couldnt hold serve and lost almost every big point in the match
I don't think it's a case of one or the other. I see the best way of improving her serve as being with a coach and training. Of all shots most under a player's control - it's the serve. So in theory - that should be the easiest to coach and improve on during practice. I agree with you that I don't think playing doubles would help her on that.

But I do think she got worse at the net during 2012 whereas I thought that was an area she really looked like she she was getting better at and getting quite good at the net before that. I can understand her not wanting to play doubles when she was winning tournaments and her time was all taken up with her singles matches and she was improving at the net anyway.

But now - I think doubles would be a good idea to help improve her net play and try to build up some practice and confidence at the net. I don't in any way see that as a substitute for coaching/training and working on other/all aspects of her game.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!