TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Rape and how societies react

View Single Post

Old Dec 29th, 2012, 06:29 AM   #18
country flag Ashi

Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: India gang rape victim dies

I think they will prosecute with the death penalty as an end result( It's still not a given though). What with the public sentiment and protests going for any less will be a bad call by the Government. Yet the onus on identifying the accused is on the victim! The way rape cases are tried here is shameful and regressive.

Life imprisonment is only 14 years here. So, death penalty seems like a valid result, because this brutal assault qualifies as a rarest of rare case and hence the death penalty.

This I hope is a water shed moment. This happens way too often yet people are immunised to this.
I refuse to believe that the accused have not done this before. How can you have the confidence to pull off this brutal crime when atleast one of them is not criminally inclinded or has done this before? People are demanding an amendment to the law and a database of previous offenders.

Delhi at the moment is a fortress. Everyone from RAF to the CRPF is deployed. This shows the anger will not die down.
Yet, people are milking this case for political mileage. It is like a free for all. Disgusting.

I'm avoiding the telly and twitter since last night when the news of her passing came in. It makes me really depressed.
''O eco-friendly, Nature ke rakshak, Main bhi hoon nature!. Rivaazon se, Samaajhon se, kyon, Tu kaate mujhe, Kyun baante mujhse iss tarah. Kyun sach ka sabak sikhaaye, Jab sach sunn bhi na paaye. Sach koi bole toh tu, niyam kanoon bataaye. Tera darr, tera pyaar, teri waah, tu hi rakh!!! ''~~~ Irshad Kamil
Dinara Safina & Sania Mirza

Last edited by Ashi : Dec 29th, 2012 at 10:02 AM.
Ashi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote