TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova News and Articles

View Single Post

Old Dec 29th, 2012, 01:17 AM   #1886
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1226544795895

THE Brisbane International is an event which holds great memories for me so it's great to be back here to start a new season.

I won my first WTA title here in 2011 and it was a victory that helped kick-start my most successful year on the tour when I also enjoyed a Grand Slam win at Wimbledon.

I know that this year it is a really tough field, with eight of the top 10 players in the world all starting their season in Brisbane.

Almost everybody is playing here because they want to have the best preparation for Melbourne and they know this is a great event.

We all know it is going to be a tough draw and every match is going to be difficult, but it will be good to see how everybody is going after the off-season.

I know I didn't have a big break. I had two weeks off for a vacation and then I started back with a new fitness training program with Kristian Bajza.

Normally I've done my fitness work at high altitude, but this year we decided to train at home in Prostejov in the Czech Republic.

We didn't do anything really different, but it was really nice to be able to train and stay at home and a good change from what I'd done previously.

Kristian has changed a few things for me and we've worked on some new exercises so that I get stronger and am not troubled by injuries as much as I have been.

We really wanted to work on my speed and make me faster on the court and I think it has worked and I hope it shows here in Brisbane.

Of course I am here to try to play my best tennis and it would be good to start my campaign with some good matches here.

I am also playing in Sydney the following week, which will be another chance to get ready for Melbourne.

Petra Kvitova was made available for this column by the WTA Tour. She will be an occasional columnist during the Brisbane International

Last edited by Meelis : Dec 29th, 2012 at 01:46 AM.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote