TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Azarenka is going to flop this season: Flop #1

View Single Post

Old Dec 28th, 2012, 04:06 PM   #121
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute
Re: It's dead obvious Azarenka is going to flop this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
Someone's still pressed about Vika being number one/having a slam.

Anything can happen in the next 12 months for Vika, as well as for the other players like Serena and Pova. Who would have though Pova would win the 08 Australian in dominate fashion only to blow out her shoulder two months later? If Vika stays healthy and driven she's likely to improve or, at least, stay at her current level which means she beats everyone on hardcourts/grass except Serena and a ridiculously inform Pova. Clay is a crapshoot.

I don't expect her to defend in Melbourne even though it's her best major simply because she's shit at defending titles. But to count her out of the other three is simply retarded.
This is very important to note. Vika has never defended a title, never actually came close to defending her titles. The fact that she has the defence of a slam title coming up will add pressure to Vika no doubt, and I don't mean the kind of pressure because she's #1 because she clearly doesn't mind that, it's the fact that she has never defended a title in her career, not even the smaller ones she's won, let alone a grand slam. Though worth noting is that Vika doesn't return oftenly to skipable tournaments she's won (Brisbane and Memphis in '09, Moscow in '10, Marbella and Lux in '11, Sydney '12). But she has really sucked at defending big tournaments so far in her career.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!