TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Martina Navratilova Admiration Thread

View Single Post

Old Dec 27th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #858
country flag Wimbledon9

Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of
Re: Martina Navratilova Admiration Thread

I thought Martina herself said in her autobiography that though she was born in Prague she really was a countrygirl.
Martina's mother and stepfather were no member of the communist party so then you had low jobs, I looked it up Martina said they had not much money.

Hana's father was an athlete so maybe he was treated better and had more food.
Martina also said it was about 30 minutes on a slow train to Prague from Revnice maybe there were a lot of stops.

People in Revnice are not at all surprised when tourists visit Revnice, but this summer even the locals from Revnice were surprised. About 70 Australians appeared in Revnice to look as they said where Martina lived and trained there is always an exhibition about tennis in Revnice in the clubhouse that mostly is about Martina.

The locals said at least one Australian shed a tear from emotion. They all got a book about Revnice. All the people that go to Revnice probably read Martina's autobiography but have you heard if people do this with other players.
I read it in a Czech newspaper and used google translation.

Last edited by Wimbledon9 : Dec 27th, 2012 at 11:06 PM.
Wimbledon9 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote