TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Vera on twitter

Thread: Vera on twitter
View Single Post

Old Dec 27th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #136
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vera on twitter

Quote:
A friend of mine says that a woman who wins a Slam should only earn enough money to pay for her airplane ticket home. Who knows what else I would say if it wasn't for Ana and Jelena whom I may consider friends. [...] The way women think on court cannot be compared to men. Their only strategy is 'hit the ball where your opponent isn't.' Nothing more! No 'Put more spin on the ball, this is an important point, play to her backhand'. No way! [...] It's that such kind of tennis works today. Look at the Williams sisters, Sharapova or Ivanovic who hits the ball like a truck on steroids. I get a bit critical when I see how much the women earn and how their opening rounds go. That's what irritates me the most, I feel like going to WTA HQ and *something* all of them. Look at Federer who is so dominant, he has to work so hard to beat a Staracce or an Almagro, he may even lose a set and then look at Sharapova or Ivanovic who lose 3 games in the first 4 rounds. It makes me sick".
Quote:
"I think it's simply ridiculous that women earn on the same at the Grand Slam events."
Quote:
"Agassi was my idol, but he really dissapointed me when he married Steffi." Asked to comment on Kournikova: "She isn't all that beautiful, it's just the other female players are just so ugly. I've never seen at least pretty tennis player, except Sabatini."
Quote:
"I know there are some homosexual male players, but I try not to have any contact with them. And as for women, I know Mauresmo is a pervert."

Vera Zvonareva * Ana Ivanović * Li Na * Laura Robson ......
Sean. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote