TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Chris Evert Thread

View Single Post

Old Aug 7th, 2003, 09:38 PM   #103
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo
Question for Evert fans or anyone...what was he rlast match like?
I was living in Japan and didn't see it

I've read where Zina cried, many in the corwd cried, and reportedly even a couple of TV announcers cried!
I watched it in disbelief. I was shocked because I could remember at least a dozen matches previously between these two where Chris just dissected Zina's game like a surgeon, but Chris was totally flat this day. I hated to see it purely from a tennis standpoint, because nice as Zina was (and is)- her game was a conglomeration of bad tennis- choking up on the racquet, bad technique on virtually every stroke, and volleys that were often hit as if she wasn't sure where to go- and most of the time she had no clue. I applaud the work she does with inner-city clinics, though!
alfajeffster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote