TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Donna Vekic

Thread: Donna Vekic
View Single Post

Old Dec 26th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #2967
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
@ anthonyqld: Seems you got some of us all wrong. I don't consider Twitter a problem (possibly because I don't use it), and no one said she should spend all her time playing tennis. All I'm saying is that she should wait a little with all this marketing and ease down on PR until she reaches (or at least approaches) some truly noteworthy results.

Case in point, recently (to my surprise) she wasn't included on the list of top 10 breakthroughs of 2012 published by WTA - turns out that the reason was because she didn't end the year inside top 100. So eventhough she was so freakishly close, despite all this work and all the PR done during the year, her results -globally speaking- went virtually unnoticed. Therefore putting so much into advertising doesn't make much sense to me, considering she is still very far from the top of the game (currently at around 15% of points held by world's #10).

And let's not even get into her team's chosen method of building the ranking, which might be working against the very advertising efforts into which they pour all those resources. To elaborate - I bet that making one win over a top 20 player would generate more interest in her than reaching quarters and semis in several weak Asian tournaments. So on one side you're funding expensive promotional activities and on the other you're competing in the middle of nowhere.

But anyway, that's what they've chosen to do, just as some of us can choose not to pay so much attention to it all. But let me tell you...it's getting increasingly more difficult

You make it sound as if Donna is some veteran playing so long in this level and it's incrisingly getting difficult for you to not pay attention to what tournament she plays.
I think that's a bit over the top.
She jumped up the rankings so fast and only in 2013 we will see if she can hang on to it.
She is only at the start of her career.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!