TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Mona Barthel

Thread: Mona Barthel
View Single Post

Old Dec 25th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #4627
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future
Re: Mona Barthel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisagi. View Post
I forgot to welcome you. Sorry. Is Mona your 1st favorite player now? Good to see another Mona fan here.

I agree with you by the way. Great post. She obviously has a massive talent. Easily the most talented German on the tour. She can do anything with the tennis ball and she does that effortlessly. Probably some will laugh at me for saying this but I believe she is as talented as Kvitova or at least she is close to Petra in terms of raw talent.

I don't expect from her to win slams or become top 5 player to be honest but I hope she will have a great/good career with no major injuries. Mona is probably the best thing happened to womens tennis since 2011/2012. For me at least.
Hi, thanks for welcoming me here.

And yes, she is my favorite player. I think she is extremely talented and seems to be a nice human being at the same time. But as you might know being nice can prevent you from being successful. Nonetheless i am hoping that she drew the right conclusions from her mostly unnecessary defeats that she suffered this year. If she did so then there will be a good chance that we will see a good season of Mona next year.

Given her pure talent i would assume that she should have a good chance of becoming a TOP-5-player and win a slam in the long run (not before 2014). But given the inconsistent nature of her game i also know that this might not happen. I think what she needs to fulfill her potential is an experienced coach who would be able to fix her lack of determination in critical moments and the little imperfections in her game (second serve, defensive forehand).

Anyway i hope she will have the joy and the success in tennis that she is looking for.

Last edited by Tecumseh : Dec 26th, 2012 at 09:57 AM.
Tecumseh is offline View My Blog!