TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Donna Vekic

Thread: Donna Vekic
View Single Post

Old Dec 24th, 2012, 10:35 AM   #2950
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
JarkaFish don't get me wrong, I'm a fan too - heck, I was the one who opened this thread when Donna was just starting out on the junior circuit - but too much is too much. Your argument that she has to market herself because of her origin is not valid, because we are a very popular tennis nation, with Grand slam champions and Davis cup titles from recent past. However, it's obvious that Donna Vekic is a huge business project first and foremost, and I'd like to see an athlete in her a bit more often, cause she is starting to remind me increasingly more of Ana Kournikova, not Caroline Wozniacki (with whom people for some reason often compare her). Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, interviews, fotosessions...for someone ranked at 109? Yes, it's too much. Some of her PR people are (I'm pretty sure) active on this forum as well, cause we're informed of absolutely everything regarding the girl, in case we missed it some place else. All in all, that's my view on the subject, we all have a right to an opinion and this here is mine.

I agree . The other thing is that social media is very easy to use. It is elementary to upload a video/photo. I know not many players are doing it but it makes it easy for her.

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free

Last edited by guichard : Dec 24th, 2012 at 12:27 PM.
guichard is offline View My Blog!