TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Sorana News And Articles

View Single Post

Old Dec 23rd, 2012, 04:11 PM   #205
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sorana News And Articles

Prosport even topped that with an amazing photo series of her today. She is even on the front side with the pic of the sleigh I will post in the other thread.

Quote:
22 years 22 memories! Sorana Cirstea, as you've never seen her before! How she has turned into one of the best players in the WTA circuit

Tennis player Sorana Cirstea, #27 of the WTA year end rankings - prosport publishes for Christmas Eve a series with the best moments of her life, from 1990 until today.

You have finished the season with the highest position year end position: #27 - What was the secret?
I had a consistent year. My results were somewhat similar, without too much ups and downs. In contrast to other years, I managed to maintain a certain line, and in the end I've finished the year ranked 27.

In 2012 you made the third round at the Australian Open and at Wimbledon, but in Paris, your favorite tournament, you went out in the first round. Why?
I had bad luck drawing Na Li and there wasn't much I could do that day. My opponent was too good, too strong. Actually I had no reaction.

So far, you have won $1.5 million prize money in tennis. How does it feel for a young woman of 22 years?
First, it gives me some independence, confidence and security. I'm proud of what I have achieved so far, but behind this amount of money there is a lot of hard work. Tennis is a very well paid sport, but it forced you to make many sacrifices since an early age.

However, you won one title at senior level...
I hope that after next year it won't stay the only one. This is one of my goals for 2013: to win at least one WTA tournament.

What was the most bitter defeat in 2012?
My loss against Na Li at Roland Garros. I cried for an hour in the dressing room after the match. I felt completely helpless in that match. I've stayed a whole week in Paris after the tournament. I shut down my phone, everything. No one knew anything about me.

And the sweetest victory?
The win over Na Li in Wimbledon. I have defeated her twice by then and that victory was very important for my ego. It has shown me that I can defeat Li Na. It was a sweet revenge.

You recently had a sharity action dedicated to children, with Tecau and Hanescu. How was it?
It was a spiritual fulfillment when I saw how many children came to court. It was only the first step in a project that I want to develop year by year. Tennis has given me so much so far and I want to give a little back. I hope that at least a quarter of them may play tennis at the highest level.

How is it to spend Christmas away from loved ones for years?
For several years, I'm going to Australia on the 23rd December. It is very difficult, but in my book this holiday does not exist. I forced myself not to think about Christmas, to pass more easily over bitter separation from loved ones. At first we cried a lot at the airport, but now they are ok.

Anyway, what do you want Santa to bring you?
I want health. I know it's a cliché, but only if I am healthy I will be able to achieve my goals in 2013: winning at least one WTA tournament and winning as many rounds as possible at Grand Slam tournaments.

On 5th October, 2008, Sorana Cirstea won her first WTA tournament in Tashkent, after defeating German player Sabine Lisicki in the final in three sets, 2-6, 6-4, 7-6 (4).
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote