TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Brisbane 2013: The Re-Birth of PlexiPova GOAT.

View Single Post

Old Dec 23rd, 2012, 03:09 AM   #16
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Masha vs the top players in Brisbane (Dec 30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Has Serena ever won an AO warmup? She usually plays a couple matches and then peaces. But who knows, I would have never thought she'd play Stanford through to the end last year and she did
She won Hopman Cup a couple of times But no, she's never won an official warm-up. As you say, when she played Sydney she'd usually just want a couple of matches to get her feet wet and then tank against an irrelevant like Dementieva. But she's not going to want to tank to Maria or Vika or anyone else she knows can actually beat her at a Slam (maybe Petra too?), so she's not going to tank to them and give them a confidence boost -- so she'll either tank in the early rounds of Brisbane or go all-out for a win if she plays one of those, imo.

--

And yes, even though I've been willing the offseason to end, I really CAN'T believe the new season is just a week away First Brisbane matches will be taking place literally this time next week, right?
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote