TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 1992

Thread: 1992
View Single Post

Old Dec 20th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #251
country flag Ms. Anthropic

Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all
Re: 1992

Graf: New changes to cause problems
USA TODAY
Friday, April 10, 1992
Susan Schott

Grappling with the incorporation of change into her game, the transition from hard courts to clay and her own intractable nature, No. 2-ranked Steffi Graf anticipates rough waters in the months ahead.

"This tournament and others are important for me, but I'm trying to change my game,'' said Graf, 22, the top seed in this week's Bausch & Lomb Championships at Amelia Island, Fla. "I'll have problems in the next few weeks, but I need to do it. I'm not looking at results right now.''

Knowing that opponents had become too familiar with her forehand-dominated baseline game, Graf, 22, late last year committed herself to change.

A new game plan of charging the net, varying placement of her dangerous forehand and going for more topspin backhands was slowed by an early-season illness that limited her playing time.

This is Graf's first tournament on clay since last year's French Open.

"There were times (in her straight-set win against Brenda Schultz Thursday) when I could have had it a little more easy, but I didn't want it that way,'' she said. "Even if (my experiments) didn't work, I just kept on trying them. I feel good.''
Ms. Anthropic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote