TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Peak Henin vs peak Venus

View Single Post

Old Dec 20th, 2012, 10:36 AM   #81
country flag vixter

vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Peak Henin vs peak Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbucks27 View Post
Hahaha that is a good laugh. Venus only once in her career made an Australian Open final and a French Open final. She only once in her career made 4 slam finals in a row, and 5 out of 6. This occured guess when? Oh yeah the period she lost 5 straight slam finals to Serena, despite what I mentioned proving beyond a doubt she was playing her peak tennis.

Venus seems to be insanely overrated on this forum. Better than peak Henin on all surfaces, including clay, where a baby nowhere near prime Henin beat peak Venus 6-4, 6-1 in their first ever match on clay. Better than peak Serena who beat her in 5 straight slam finals in the only time in Venus's career she was good enough to make so many slam finals in a row. What a joke.
All credits to Henin in that 6-4 6-1 match, she truly played an unbeliavable match, painting all the lines white. Even Venus said afterwards that "if she plays every match like this, she will be number 1".

How can a player like Venus Williams, 7 times GS winner, be overrated? She is one of the most influencial and historical woman athletes of this time. If anything, her inconsistent results after her PEAK years makes people underrate her. But yes Henin was the superiour clay court player of the two.

Tennis-fan since 2001 Serena-fan since 2001
Don't hate the player hate the game. I dislike noone. Not even Sharapova.
vixter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote