TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Peak Henin vs peak Venus

View Single Post

Old Dec 20th, 2012, 10:24 AM   #80
country flag vixter

vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Peak Henin vs peak Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercarlos View Post
That beast just barely beat Hingis in two grand slam matches, in two fast courts, like Wimbledon and Usopen.
Serena in fact cleared the path for others and remarked how flawed Venus tecnique is on her forehand, and many others followed.
I guess you refer to the defeats of Hingis at Wimbledon and Us Open in 2000. I'd say the Venus of 2000 is not yet Peak Venus, even though she picked up her first two slams this year. No, the BEAST peak Venus came to life at US hardcourts in 2001-2002. Truly an unstoppable force. Ask Clijsters, Davenport, Seles, Capriati, who all had the honor of receiving one or more straight set defeats by BEAST peak Venus in this time.

Tennis-fan since 2001 Serena-fan since 2001
Don't hate the player hate the game. I dislike noone. Not even Sharapova.
vixter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote