TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread

View Single Post

Old Dec 19th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #882
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future
Re: Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread

It`s a matter of taste but I have to admit that the article as a whole does not knock my socks off. The resume is okay but overall the author sounds a little sensationalist and complacent to me. Her writing style is mediocre and her reasoning is fragmentary and partially contradictory.

Concerning the controversial part of the article.
Rittner isn`t mentioned at all.

Quote:
Sie büßte damals eine Menge Respekt bei ihren Konkurrentinnen ein, die das deutsche Quartett mit Argusaugen beobachten und die genau verfolgten, wie die Vier auf dem Sprung nach ganz oben sind. Görges nahm die Kritik an, sie lernte daraus. Sie ist längst mehr als das hübsche Werbegesicht, das die Klamotten von Maria Sharapova tragen darf.

She (Julia) then lost a lot of respect to her opponents. They were watching the 4 Germans players like hawks who obviously were on the jump to the Top of the rankings. Goerges accepted criticism and drew the right conclusions. Since longer she is much more than just the nice advertising face that is allowed to wear Sharapova`s clothes.
I don`t know which "opponents" the author figured out.
Tbh Julia is and was never that kind of girl who wants to advertise with her face or something.
She`s not averse to it but above all she is a tennis player and no glamour girl.

Last edited by joy division : Dec 19th, 2012 at 09:47 PM.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote